In raising questions through my writing, I aim to make what Stuart Hall calls an ‘intervention’, meaning to engage and thereby shift the terms of a debate — and by doing so, to open possibilities for acting differently.
12. ‘The Promises of Standing Rock: Three Approaches to Human Rights’, Humanity: An International Journal of Human Rights, Humanitarianism, and Development. Forthcoming.
11. ‘Human Rights and Caribbean Philosophy: Implications for Teaching’, Journal of Human Rights Practice. Forthcoming.
10. ‘Simone Weil’s Method: Essaying Reality through Inquiry and Action’, Comparative and Continental Philosophy. Forthcoming.
9. ‘Precarity and Resistance: A Critique of Martha Fineman’s Vulnerability Approach’, Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy. Co-written with Eric Aldieri. Forthcoming.
8. ‘Pragmatic Saintliness: Toward a Criticism and Celebration of Community’, Contemporary Pragmatism. Forthcoming.
7. Responsibilities of the Intellectual: Dewey, Dussel, and Democracy, Inter-American Journal of Philosophy.
6. What Could Human Rights Do? A Decolonial Inquiry, Transmodernity.
5. The Politics of Positionality: The Difference between Post-, Anti-, and De-colonial Methods, Culture, Theory and Critique. Co-written with Jason Walsh.
4. The Politics of Édouard Glissant’s Right to Opacity, The CLR James Journal: The Journal of the Caribbean Philosophical Association.
3. Pragmatic Interruption: Habits, Environments, Ethics, William James Studies. *Winner of the William James Society Young Scholar Award
2. Globalization/Coloniality: A Decolonial Definition and Diagnosis, Transmodernity.
1. A/Theologies of the Impossible: Antigone, Weil, Badiou, and the Strange, Journal for Cultural and Religious Theory.
How Shame Plays a Productive Role in Racial Justice, Public Seminar.
How Should We Acknowledge the Sovereignty of Indigenous Peoples?, Public Seminar.
Sentencing the Present: Critical conversations in a time of crisis, Public Seminar.
Theses for Theory in a Time of Crisis, Public Seminar.
Simone Weil, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Co-written with A. Rebecca Rozelle-Stone.
‘The Colonial Frame: Judith Butler and Simone Weil on Force and Grief’ in Simone Weil, Beyond Ideology, eds. Sophie Bourgault and Julie Daigle.
Confirmation, Apricity Magazine.
Psalm 79, The Merrimack Review.
Psalm 94, Moria.